Breaking News:

BATAM NEWS TODAY

The Number of Unemployment in Tanjungpinang Increased During the Covid-19 Pandemic

The increase in unemployment rate during this pandemic is supported by data from the Tanjungpinang Central Statistics Department (BPS).

Tribunnews
Unemployment illustration 

TRIBUNBATAM.id -  The unemployment rate in Riau Islands has increased during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Many companies have terminated their employees (PHK).

Some of them lay off their employees. 

Among the reasons, the company's financial condition is not as good as before the Covid-19 pandemic

This condition also contributes to the unemployment rate in Riau Islands, especially in the city of Tanjungpinang.

Because employees who previously worked at the company, can no longer work as usual.

The increase in unemployment rate during this pandemic is supported by data from the Tanjungpinang Central Statistics Department (BPS).

BPS Tanjungpinang noted, the Open Unemployment Rate (TPT) as of August 2020 experienced a significant increase, namely by 2.99 percent compared to August 2019. 

Baca juga: UPDATE December 18: There are 98,688 Covid-19 Active Cases in Indonesia

From existing data, TPT in Tanjungpinang City reached 9.30 percent or as many as 9,537 people, while in 2019 it reached 6.31 percent or 6,356 people. 

On the other hand, it was recorded that the Labor Force Participation Rate (TPAK) data increased by 0.09 percent with a total of 62.46 percent in 2019 and 62.56 percent in 2020. 

Furthermore, the main employment per August 2020 which has experienced a decline is in the service sector, which amounted to 73,070 people from 76,186 people in 2019

It is different in the agricultural sector, which has increased as of August 2020, namely 4,135 people from 2,978 people in 2019, and manufacturing sector with 15,791 from 15,185 in 2019. (*)

*Check out other Tribunbatam.id news on Google News

Baca juga: Profil Singkat Deb Haaland, Wanita Suku Asli Amerika yang Ditunjuk Biden jadi Mendagri AS

Baca juga: Kisah Adik BJ Habibie, Sri Sudarsono Bangun SMK Pertama di Indonesia hingga Rumah Sakit di Batam

Baca juga: Oknum Polisi Polda Perkosa PSK yang Digerebeknya, Bahkan Korban Diperas Walau Sudah Dipakai

Baca juga: Usai Kalah dalam Pilpres AS, Donald Trump Dikabarkan Jadi Lebih Pendiam

Penulis: Lia Sisvita Dinatri
Editor: Lia Sisvita Dinatri
Ikuti kami di
KOMENTAR

BERITA TERKINI

© 2021 TRIBUNnews.com Network,a subsidiary of KG Media.
All Right Reserved